Day 6- my super holistic day

Jan 16, 2009

Day six went well. I'm starting to get a little tired of juice fasting. It's not hard, it's just a little boring and makes for some logistical difficulties when trying to hang out with other people.

A friend of mine just finished a massage course and she has been practicing reiki for a couple years (or more, not sure how long she's been doing that) and she needed a person to practice on. I was nice enough to let her give me a full body massage followed by a reiki session yesterday. :) It was very nice. She practices body alignment massage, which was wonderful!

Later in the day I went back to her house for a meditation session. We read some from a book that is an analysis of the Bhagavad Gita and then did about 25 minutes of meditation using "Who am I?" as the mantra. It was really nice.

THEN- we went over to Palapa Suuk and took another Yoga Nidra class, which was awesome. I may have found my new yoga studio! Palapa Suuk is VERY cool and spiritual. Most of the people there were Spanish speakers and I think the classes are given in Spanish for the most part. This fits nicely in with one of my manifestations for 2009, which is to make more Mexican and Spanish-speaking friends. I even ran into Hiram, a guy I had met at a bbq a couple months ago.

Three more days to go of this fast and I'm fantasizing about tofu and veggie stirfry with brown rice. Can you imagine? I'm looking forward to eating some of these veggies. I really think that juicing is a luxurious and wasteful way of eating! You throw out (or compost) so much veggie waste and to make enough juice for a day you end up using probably three or four times as much as you would normally eat. If everyone in the world tried to juice we'd certainly have a famine in no time! I'm looking forward to getting back to a more sustainable way of eating for both the planet and my social life!

And with that I will leave you with this little gem:

1 comments:

Brian said...

Nice posting. Do you know about this edition of the Gita?

http://www.YogaVidya.com/gita.html