Anna's Moving to Mexico!!!

Aug 27, 2008


I don't know if any of you have been following the blog of my dear friend Anna. She is leaving tomorrow to embark on a tour of the Americas with her Dad, ultimate destination being Cozumel.

I have known Anna for 5 or 6 years now and we are truly kindred spirits. I met her on a dive trip to Cayman Brac in 2003 and she was incredibly easy to talk to and laugh with (something I'm always looking for in a girlfriend). Over the last few years, we really became closer friends. We have a lot in common. We both like working out and eating healthy, keeping up with celebrity gossip, traveling, scuba diving, a nice glass (or three) of good wine, visiting the occasional psychic, live music, sexy Uruguayan men, and, of course, Mexico.

Anna has worked on the side as a dive instructor for the last few years and she always dreamed about leaving her stressful, high-powered job in Manhattan and living an island life (like so many Americans who are chained to their desks). She didn't want to leave the US, though, until she got her American citizenship. As of this summer, she is both American and English, so now's the time for her to head out and get her third passport, or should I say pasaporte.

Anna's last day of work has passed, her apartment has been packed away, her dad has arrived from England to accompany her on the drive. Tomorrow Anna sets out to explore her new life South of the Border. I am so excited for her! Although, I must admit that some of my excitement is selfish- I can't wait to have a good, old friend living just a 35 minute ferry ride away.

Best wishes, Anna, on your drive! I hope you have a safe trip and I can't wait to see you down Mexico way!

2 comments:

Charles said...

Hi,

I am an assistant web editor for NuWire, and also run mexicorealestateinvestment.org. I'm really interested on interviewing you about your experience of running away to start a life in Mexico. Please email me at charles.sipe@nuwireinvestor.com.

Anonymous said...

just some things to consider beforehand...

http://reasonsnottoliveinmexico.blogspot.com/