Mexican Ingenuity Solves Handicap Accessibility Problem

Jul 11, 2008


I love this guy's contraption! We saw him in Cozumel the other day. He has built a scooter that has a ramp on the back so he can wheel his wheelchair right up and drive away. No need to transfer out of his chair or ask anyone for help. He even has room for a passenger in the back. And, he's solved that pesky problem of too much sun that one can experience whilst riding a scooter.

He and his business partner were setting up a little jewelry stand that he had transported in the back of his scooter when I asked him if I could take his picture.

4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

I work for a workers' compensation insurer. We do a lot of vehicle modifications for injured workers, but I doubt I have ever seen anyone in a modified vehicle as cheerful as this fellow.

YayaOrchid said...

I like the way he rigged it up to look so bright and cheerful. I am also loving the view of that ocean behind him. Is that the boardwalk? Such a beautiful place!!

Jackie said...

What a creative use of a moto and how wonderful that the man is able to be independent. I could use one of those about now as I am walking with crutches because of torn knee ligaments. Probably wouldn’t be safe to drive that vehicle on the freeway in Portland though.

Travelista said...

That is SO cool.. :) ... good ol Mexican ingenuity is right!