Sexo y la Ciudad

Jun 14, 2008

I've been a lazy blogger and haven't blogged about seeing Sex and the City with Heather (the one who lives in paradise) and a bunch of her girlfriends! Apparently when she said she was dressing up, she wasn't kidding! About half the girls showed up in dresses and the other half, like me, showed up sorta spiffied up and ready for a night on the town.

The movie was really, really good. Much better than I had imagined it could be. I never really watched the show while it was on, so I didn't know what to expect really, but it was really entertaining and I appreciated that they caught us up on each girl and what had happened during the show so someone like me could just jump right in.

I think the reason I was never into the show was because I had just moved to New York when it came out and I was busting my butt there and I just couldn't buy it. I couldn't buy it that Carrie was a journalist and had a $1 million apartment and a $500,000 shoe collection. I also couldn't buy it that they could all go to lunch whenever and never had to go to the gym, etc. I think I was too tied in to the real NYC experience. Now that I'm removed from it all (and also no longer in my early 20's- you know- doing all that soul searching), I think I'd like to rent the whole series and get addicted!

Anyway, I forgot to bring my camera to the theater (see, bad blogger) so I stopped by and picked it up before meeting the girls again at The Dirty Martini Bar. Here's a slightly fuzzy pic of me and Heather:
I took this photo before the light was really low and I had to turn on the flash to make the pictures nice. Here's a couple of the chicas who came out. I think this photo really shows the cool atmosphere of the bar, too.
Of course, Michelle from Life's a Beach came out!
And finally, here's a shot of some of the chicas right before I left (which was pretty late, incidentally).
It was a really fun night with some fun girls. Hopefully we'll all do another movie thing, or maybe even just another bar thing! lol! Good times, good times.

3 comments:

Michele in Playa said...

That was a ton of fun!! Great pictures!!

mexpat said...

We should do it again! Or book club!?!

lauran said...

I feel that this is really very nice and informative post which provide lot of useful information.
--------------
lauran

Sexxat.com - Chat com mulheres e sexo ao vivo nas webcams