You Know You're Getting Old When...

May 28, 2008

A couple weeks ago when we were in NJ, Hans used his mom's car to drive out to check on our house. It's a 40 minute drive from his parents's house, so he had plenty of time to listen to the radio.

Suffice it to say that we don't listen much to the radio here (in fact, there's only two stations that we can pick up in the car and one is just talk), so we're not all up to date on the latest pop sensations. Add to it the fact that neither of us care enough to listen to NY radio online or watch American Idol or anything.

So he came home telling me how much he liked that "I Kissed a Girl" song. I was like, "Uh, you mean the one that was all over the radio when we were in college?" I mean, it's only 12 years old...

Apparently that's not what he meant. He meant this new one that's so totally not anything like I had in mind! LOL! It's not that I don't like it, it's just that when I went to look up the old video there were all these comments about how the old one sucked and it wasn't even the same lyrics as this new one...

Man... kids these days! They don't even know the originals.Although, I do have to admit that when I hear "Pressure" by Queen & David Bowie, I sing "Ice Ice Baby" in my head... I guess I'm just not old enough to remember...

1 comments:

beachin77 said...

too funny! i also hear ice ice baby in my head when "pressure" comes on . . . sorry bowie!