Agua, Por Fa'!

Apr 23, 2008

This morning I got up and went to the gym for my kick ass yoga class followed by a little running on the treadmill (caminadora in Spanish, if you need to know). My yoga class is hard and it's sweaty. She usually turns off the AC and fans and just opens the door to the garden and let's us sweat. So usually I just sweat like crazy and then hop on my bike and ride home and shower at home.

Today I got home, hopped in the shower and watched as the last little bit of water trickled out. Turns out that there are six units in our building and 4 of them are behind in their maintenance payments so our water got shut off. Of course, we're up to date and one of the units is vacant, so that means that we're the only ones who have paid. Awesome.

The building manager says the water *should* be back on by 4, but I'm not holding my breath. I think I'll be heading back to the gym to shower in a little while. File this under: More Problems I Never Imagined.

6 comments:

Mexico Way said...

Isn't the ocean beautiful?

lol

I'm telling you, these are the things that people just don't really understand until they move here and experience them for themselves.

Just be glad you weren't all soaped up, long hair and all, nekkid in the shower when poof. No more water. NADA. Soap all OVER. LOVELY!

Mamacita Chilena said...

Mmm, bet you're smelling good right about now!

In Chile treadmill is trotadora. Funny how those things change from country to country.

JJ said...

Oh the many times I "showered" by dumping a jug of water over my head! Though I didn't really mind having an excuse to not do the dishes...

mexpat said...

Mexico Way: Yeah- I'm totally glad that it cut out when it did. Even though it was inconvenient, it wasn't THAT inconvenient!

Mamacita: You have no idea how long it took me to remember "caminadora" I kept wanting to say "camionadora"! I'm on my way to learning Mexican Spanish, guey.

JJ: I also didn't miss doing laundry... :)

Fned said...

Sorry i've been out of it for a while. The water back yet? ;)

Fned.

mexpat said...

Yup, water's back now. Thank goodness!