Pasaporte!

Nov 28, 2007

Woo Hoo! I got my passport in the mail today! I believe that I only have a couple things in my old name now. I know I have two credit cards and my health insurance in my old name and I think my old 401K is in my old name. That's it!

The floors are looking nice now. Tomorrow the guys put the last shiny coat on them and they'll be done. We have a couple more things to pack up or sell before we're ready to get outta here for good, but that will have to wait until we're back from our next trip.

I want to sell two guitars, a steel string acoustic and a nylon-stringed classical guitar. I haven't played in a while and I don't feel like trucking one of my guitars down in it's big-ass case when they make lots of guitars in Mexico. If I really miss it, I can buy another one. That's what I did when I moved to Colorado- I missed having a guitar so I bought one (ok- it was a piece of crap, but it did the job). It's not like I play for anyone but myself, anyway.

I also need to sell my car, but I don't want to put it on the market and then leave for two weeks so I'm not around to show it if anyone calls. It will just have to wait until I get back. It's a great car and in great shape, so I'm going to post it on Craigslist and I hope it will sell in a week or so. We'll see.

Mamacita Chilena reminded me to bring less than I think and I've been hearing that from lots of people lately. I think we're going to bring scuba stuff, computers, some clothes and the dog. We're really trying to not bring much more...

Anyway, sorry for the boring post. Better get back to work.

2 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

Craig's List is genius! That's how I sold my car before I went to Chile too :)

The packing light thing for me was just because I knew I'd accumulate SO much stuff down here, which I have...

And also, I guess for me it was about starting fresh. If you're moving to a new country it's nice to be able to start over completely...with as little luggage as possible, hahaha :)

No worries about a boring post every now and again, things are bound to get even more exciting on this blog as soon as you move!

CancunCanuck said...

Good luck with the packing! Less is definitely more. I've survived four years without any of my stuff, just the back pack I came with (this was not a planned move, but still goes to show you don't need much). Happy count down!

I'm glad to find your blog, thanks for checking in with mine. :)