The State of the Mexico Experience Part II

Oct 24, 2007

The one thing holding us up for moving to Mexico was this pesky software launch (that is also in a large way funding our ability to try this adventure). Well, it launched a couple weeks ago, but that doesn't really mean our jobs here are done. Hubby is still on site at least 4 of 5 days a week and sleeps over up there 2 to 3 nights so he can work mega hours (it's a 1.5 to 2 hour commute at rush hour, gotta love New York City).

Basically, we're still at the mercy of this job and time keep ticking away. It's funny, I went to the dentist last December and they like you to book your next appointment 6 months in advance, so I booked an appointment for June and thought, "Hah, I won't need this! I'll be in Mexico! Ole!" Well, June rolled around and we were still trapped here by "The Software" so I went to my appointment and made another appointment for December thinking, "Hah! I won't need this! I'll be in Mexico! Ole!" Well, I have a sneaky suspicion that I'll be here for that appointment, too, but seriously, I'm not going to be here in June!

We have already committed to flying to South Carolina to spend Thanksgiving at the beach with my family, and we have return flights to Jersey. Originally we thought we would drive to SC with all our crap and then head to Mexico, but it's not going to really work that way, it seems. So we're going to plan a two week trip to secure an apartment and set up internet, etc. I wanted to turn around right after our Thanksgiving trip and head down, but hubby is hard to pin down on this stuff. He's so burned out from working so hard that he just doesn't want to commit to anything unless it's cave diving (and he's not into combining a Mexico trip and a cave trip for whatever stupid reason).

So, what's holding us up now is properly finishing this project and then Thanksgiving and some caving trip to Florida. Then we'll go for 2 weeks to Mexico. I'd like to move before Christmas, but somehow I don't think this is going to happen. At best we might go for two weeks the first couple weeks of December and then move in January. Sucks that we missed the off season for getting good deals on apartments, but whatever.

Oh well, back to the grindstone.