Happy Halloweeeeeeeeen!!!

Oct 28, 2007

I LOVE Halloween. Basically, I love any excuse to wear a costume, but this is a whole holiday where everyone wears a costume! Luckily, we had a party to go to, so we actually had a reason to think about what we were going to wear.

I knew I wanted to go as Carmen Miranda for a while. I looked around at the costume shops, but the costumes they had were so cheesy and the hats were super fake looking. Then I remembered that I had the perfect dress, a tropical, samba-inspired number that I had gotten to wear to a wedding in Key West a couple years ago. All I had to do was make a hat. I ended up buying a bunch of plastic fruits and flowers and birds and stuff from a craft store and crazy gluing them onto a swim cap, then I wrapped some fabric around my head and voila!

Hubby had decided to go as Justin Timberlake from the SNL classic skit, Dick in a Box. We went to the thrift store and got the perfect jacket, shirt and tie, shaved his facial hair into an artful design and added on some cheesy glasses. Then we went to the sex shop and got a big plastic dildo and put it in a box... you get the idea...

Anyway... Rob was nice enough to offer his well-decorated (Thanks Audrey!) place for us to all congregate. He had the eerie sounds and old horror movies playing. He had ice cubes with gummy worms frozen in them and green jello shots. All in all, it was an evening well spent.

Without further ado, here are our costumes and some of my favorite costumes from the party.



Here's a close up of the fruit hat.



Bill went as a sun flower. I love his "scary hands" in this picture!



Here's the nasty perv with his little present and of course he's found a Japanese school girl to show it to... Actually, she's going as some character from the Kill Bill movies, but I don't know which one.



A pimp and a referee



An astronaut (with space diaper), a mouse, Mrs. Peacock (from Clue) and a guy with a "costume."



Raggedy Ann with Robert Smith in the background.



And, last but not least, a lady who's just trying to get some sleep, a doctor and a trekkie.

2 comments:

mamacita chilena said...

You know, you actually pull off the whole look. Aside from the fruit on your head thing, you know, that outfit is cute!

Halloween parties are so fun!!! I loved the pictures, you have creative friends :)

mexpat said...

Thanks, yeah, people were like "Where did you get that dress!" and I was like "Uh, I actually wear this, guys..." Lol.