What I've Been Up To

Aug 3, 2007

Not much. Well, I say that, but I've managed to keep my weekends full of fun stuff, so I guess that's not really true.

Last weekend we went to see Hans' mom before she left for major plastic surgery that she is getting in Colombia right now. So we had lunch with her and then hung out at her house for a little while (she's in Bogota right now and has had her surgery and everything is fine, she's just recovering a little before flying home). Then we met up with Jeff and Anna at the dive shop and went to dinner. I had met Hans at his mom's house and we had two cars in town, so after three glasses of wine I realized that I probably should leave my car in town and come get it the next day.

So, the next day I caught the train in and got my car and went to book club in Manhattan with Liza. We were discussing "A Thousand Splendid Suns," which was an awesome book, even if the ending seemed like it was editor mandated, as in "No, no, no, this book has to have a happy ending... go rewrite the last 100 pages." Anyway, now we're on to "Eat, Love, Pray."

After book club I came back to Jersey and met up with Anna, Cat and Jeff at Cat's place and we went to dinner at the Lighthorse Tavern. It was a really nice evening. Apparently I should have called Hans to see if he wanted to join us, but he had been diving with Jeff and had gone directly home, so we all assumed he was tired. Oops.

Then on Sunday I went horseback riding with Liza and her daughter, Anabell, and Anna. It was quite an experience! It's been years since I rode a horse... like maybe 15 years or more! My horse was named Panama, nice latin american connection! He was white with grey spots and he REALLY liked to keep his nose in the rear of the horse ahead of him... apparently that's called being a "crack addict." He did well and trotted occasionally to keep up. At one point I even went on a canter with him. That was cool.

So this week has been spent redesigning our company's website. It's not going to launch for a while because we have to go take photos all over the place. But it's starting to look nice. I also went to dinner with Charlene on Wednesday and ran into Anna, Michele and Lee sitting at the next table at the restaurant, which was sort of weird!

I hung out with Sheri last night while she had a security system installed in her house. She basically has On Star for her home now. It can tell if glass breaks or if any doors or windows are violated and it talks to her like the On Star people do. So she doesn't have to actually push any buttons or answer the phone.

Tomorrow we're having a BBQ for Mary and Caroline's b-day. You know, I realized lately that I have a lot of girlfriends and not that many guy friends. When I met my husband that was the reverse. I had like three girlfriends and the rest were all guys. I wonder when that changed and why. Well, all I know is I love my girlfriends and I'm so glad to have them in my life.

Whew, if you're still reading this then you must really like me, because that was a bunch of boring stuff about what I did this week. Wow. You're still reading. It's time for you to go do something more productive now, ok?

0 comments: