El Mariachi & Lifting Weights

May 21, 2007


I had a nice weekend. Starting on Friday night we went to Westfield, which is a very cute town about 30 minutes away. We needed to pick up one of our regulators from a scuba shop there, so we used that occasion to go to dinner in a different town. It was really nice!

The houses and neighborhoods around the town remind me of Dilworth or Myers Park (not very helpful references for those of you not from Charlotte...) but the downtown is full of shops you would see in a mall, like Coach and Pea in the Pod, etc. It reminds me of Englewood a little bit, but cuter (not a very helpful reference if you're not from northern NJ). It's what Hoboken is trying NOT to be, I think Hoboken is trying to keep reasonable rents for the stores on Washington Street so that it doesn't just become huge franchises.

Later we came home and watched Corpse Bride, which was much better than I had anticipated it being. I avoided it in the theater because the character played by Johnny Depp looked just like him and I thought it would annoy me like the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (some movies just don't need to be remade, they were as good as they needed to be the first time around).

Anyway, Saturday we went down to Dutch Springs to try out the DUI dry suits at DUI Dry suit Day. Later we met up with our friends Jeff and Anna and had a nice little dinner at a hibatchi/sushi place nearby.

Sunday was a little cool and rainy. Hubby went diving and I laid on the couch and watched TV. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you check out The Mariachi. I got it from NetFlix and managed to watch it in Spanish with Spanish subtitles, which was really nice. I love it when movies include subtitles in Spanish. The we followed that up with the latest episode of The Sopranos- man, what's up with that? That show is getting crazy.

I started working out with a personal trainer last week. So far so good. He's helping me do weights (which is my least favorite thing). He's from Mexico, so we're doing the training sessions in Spanish to help with my vocabulary around sports and exercise. If I've never had to talk about it, I don't have the vocabulary for it. Before I started working with him, all I knew was corrida for "run." I'm getting there...

0 comments: