Mar 28, 2007
I recently saw this site again. Someone at my old job had sent it to me shortly after 9/11 and we all got a good laugh, but I forgot how funny it was (and still is). This particular piece of advice made me laugh:
To eliminate smallpox, wash with soap, water and at least one(1) armless hand under a faucet with no sink.
If you haven't seen these before, you should check them out.
I spent the weekend in Washington, DC with my parents. It was a really great trip! We did some touring and had an awesome time at the Improv seeing Flip Orley, a hypnotist that did a hilarious show.
Things that I did on this trip that I can check off my "done, don't need to do again" list include:
- Visiting the Ford Theater where Lincoln was shot
- Visiting the house across the street where Lincoln died as a result of his injury
- Visiting the Washington National Cathedral
Things that I want to do on a subsequent trip include:
- Stay in Alexandria Old Town again but bring a bike this time
- Go biking around
- Hang out in Georgetown (preferably not when their team is about to beat my team in overtime in the ACC)
- Visit the spy museum
I highly recommend the Acela Express train between NYC and DC- it's quick and very nice.